Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February already?

Yesterday I sipped a chai latte in Starbucks while reading for class off a Kindle and using the Bible app on my iPhone. Am I even still in Russia? When did I become such a yuppie?

Oh many things have happened in the past month. Highs so high and lows so deep. One week my computer was stolen and my dad arrived at an airport half an hour after a bomb exploded; another week I had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life. And then there are other things, not so earth shattering- work is good and steady, I taught myself how trim my own bangs from YouTube videos, I started painting my nails. I've had a cold for a few days now. Through it all I am finding my way back to sanity again.

I have breakfast dates and support from great friends to love me through the tears. We remind each other how important it is to Sabbath and that our prayers are not in vain. I have a hope and a future...

...which will involve journeys to Serbia and Israel and America, visitors to Moscow, and opportunities to love bigger.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails