Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Day!

My good friend, Christine, got here on Saturday.  Saturday was also the day my online class ended and everything was due AND it was the first day of the church youth retreat and this weekend we also had Youth Sunday!  So yes, crazy weekend!  But, ah I am so blessed and everything went according to the greater plan.  Many, many thanks to the parents who carpooled, fed, taught, and generally supported all the weekend's activities.  Glory to God.

 So what do I do now?  It feels so weird to have everything dealt with... for now.  Inevitably something will come up soon.  My mom went to the US today, so I spent a few hours making cookies, cleaning the kitchen, and planning meals.   Yum.

May Day is a holiday here, so in addition to the many demonstrations that took place on Sunday, today was a working holiday!  Christine and I slept in and woke up to the news about Osama Bin Laden.  So we made bfast and watched CNN and BBC (and decided the latter was much easier to follow and gave us much better information).  After lunch we went to a friend's apartment and had tea and talked about Moscow.  It was so nice to just sit around and talk.  That's all.  Bedtime.

Oh one more thing.  I went to Ladies Night with some friends at a sketchy bar and had the most ornate cheesecake ever.  It almost made up for the $20 bill.  Almost.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails