Thursday, July 21, 2011

Seamstress

Sewing is a lot of pinning and ironing.  I'm glad I know how to sew, but it is a lot of work.  I've sewed a few things in the past: a tunic that was a bit small, a peasant skirt that ended up too large, and two pencil skirts that have been staples in my wardrobe for about 4 years now.  I got a really nice Elna machine for Christmas a few years ago so I figured this was the summer to give it a spin.  For a moment I had dreams of giving up buying clothes for a year, but I'm not thinking is this not how it's going to be.  Not just yet.

I made 2 shirts this week.  The first one was made of silky fabric that slipped a lot and was difficult to work with. 






I should mention that this pattern claimed it could be done in 1 hours.  And it took me about 7 hours over 3 days.  So I don't think they told the truth.

As I was finishing the first shirt, I felt like I need to do another one to get more practice, so I ran over to Grandma Norma's basement to see what fabric she had.  I got a cute white print with flowers and finished this one in about 3 hours!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails