Upland: Lions to host Valentine meal
Upland Lions Club's annual all-you-can-eat Sweetheart Breakfast will be from 7 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Lions building on Lake Street.
On the menu will be heart-shaped pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee and juice.
The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children 10 and younger. Proceeds will be used for community service projects.I'm tired of having adventures on my own... I'm also tired of being bored. I'm tired of hating where I live. So I did a bit of research on city life here... Well, with public transportation options we're pretty limited, unless you're over 60 years old. There's a bus for senior citz that is open to people of all ages, though. Get to Marion for $3 with door-to-door pick up? I'd try it. I also want to:
- Go to a play at the Marion Civic Theatre
- Open swim at the Grant County YMCA for $4 and try their classes (Salsa Aerobics in March anyone?)
- Try out the Marion Public Library (if I didn't have class till 4 on Thursdays I'd so be in their knitting class!!! And if I had a daughter, or a mother for that fact, I'd be in the Mother/Daughter book club on Saturdays)
- Give Beatniks another try
- Idyl Wyld Rollar Rink
- Somewhere in Time (in Upland!)
- That used book store in between Gas City and Marion
Life is a little unfair and unequal, I realize. However, I am a strong supporter of community activities, and for the love of your mom (and maybe display a little good publicity (aka showing us selfish college students actually care) for Taylor) let's help the economy of this poor depressed county!