Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nobody puts Baby in a corner

Those who know me well know that Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies and that I've seen it more times than I can count. It's just one of those movies where I can go directly to my favorite part (when they're lip singing to each other in the practice room) or can just have on while I do stuff around the house.

This morning, however, I came to an entirely new appreciation for this movie. I walked into the dreaded American Politics exam, and quickly glanced through the test. My eyes fell onto the page of matching vocab terms and names. One name stood out: Frances Perkins.

Now, going back to Dirty Dancing... there is a brief scene where Baby and Johnny are cuddling in bed and he asks her what her real name is. (ok, so disregard the fact they they've been sleeping together and aren't married and Johnny doesn't even know Baby's real name. yeah I think that's lame too) Anyway, Baby replies, "Frances... for the first woman in the Cabinet!"

AND SO I KNEW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!

PS speaking of Christmas presents, in case you're wondering, no I don't own the Dirty Dancing soundtrack and yes I would very much like to own it :-D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails