Friday, January 9, 2009

I am seduced by philosophy

The Fairlane lights just died, so I write this by computer light. Oh wait, apparently FA1L is the only apartment whose lights died. Great... I feel like some creepster, sneaking to the computer in the middle of the night to look at...

Anyway, I love my Jterm class, and I love my professor. I'm so glad I have professors who will share their lives and souls with students. It's one of the things I appreciate most about this school. Today we talked about the problem of evil and different theodicies. I can't say I understand very much of the class (although today was better than most), but I realized today that I really get a rush from just hearing people describe the rational investigation of questions about existence and knowledge and ethics. I could have never been a philosophy major, and it will probably always be a bit of an enigma to me, but perhaps this is part of the allure...

I went to the Well with RB today, but we took it easy, since we're both a bit under the weather, which is freezing cold, by the way. Day one of our Jterm resolution!

1 comment:

Marc Belcastro said...

Amy:

I, too, have been seduced by philosophy. The rush you mentioned, the allure - I can't quite get enough of or keep from succumbing to that. =) I'd love to hear about the various things you're studying, learning, and discussing in your class, or anything you happen to find particularly intriguing.

Peace,

-- Marc (Belcastro)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails