Friday, July 24, 2009

Thoughts on tomorrows

Last Tuesday, just two days ago, life was falling apart. It's so weird how life can be falling apart one moment and be much much better a day or even hours later. Emotions are so fickle and I want to know truth. A dear friend sent me this today and it made my heart glad.

Losing some things will actually help you to appreciate the things you still have. It's the taste of failure that makes success sweet. You'll live each day not knowing what tomorrow holds, but confident that God has your tomorrows all planned out. They're not in the hands of your boss or your banker or your mate or anybody else. Nor are they in your own hands to manipulate and control. No, all your tomorrows are in God's hands.

Just because you don't recognize the path you're on doesn't mean that God's not leading you. He promises, "...I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them" (Isa 42:16 NKJV).

Also, I went to a bachelorette party tonight and it was very Indiana... line dancing! So happy for my friends. This summer had been God's gift of reassurance that I still and will have friends. Спасибо, Бог.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails