Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mom Skills

My eyelids are having a difficult time staying open this morning so I hope this is coherent.  In case you haven't heard, the Mom left town for 2 weeks, leaving me to parent a 13-year-old.  As Tommy said though, "I think Mom left so we'd have to find everything in the kitchen!"  I cook, I clean (ok Lanie actually does most of that), I did like 7 loads of laundry the other day (we have a tiny washer), and I've learned how to use our coffee maker (rice cooker, you're next).  It's been kind of fun, even on the days when I'm working.  I made banana bread from scratch yesterday and I when I make it I usually give most of it away, but Tommy says noooooo!  I got 6 loaves out of 5 bananas, so I'm going to still give a couple away...

Other things I've done in the last week include: worked every day at the school, introduced my tutee to the genius that is Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, went on a youth retreat (more to come on that), danced the macarena at a school birthday party, hung out with my favorite 5-and-three-quarters-year-old, and found a Russian tutor!


The school is 60 this year

So it's 8:04am and the boy is still not down here... I think I'd better go make sure he's really awake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails