Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Summer Search

The theme of this summer has been seeing where God is working and join in, for however long I am there.  Traveling around (a lot!), I've seen Jesus in a youth community center, in a hospital waiting room, and in the blessed union of marriage.

But I never really expected to see Him like this.  I had anticipated a few weeks of relaxing, spending time with family, and maybe finding another organization to volunteer with.

Ever since Grandma hurt her ankle, I've gotten a much bigger feel for how her life goes.  It's to the tune of mowing the lawn, gardening, taking care of the dog, helping grandpa to the bathroom and with most everything else, making and serving dinner, clearing away dishes, and a million other little things.  I don't know what she would do if my mom weren't here now. 

And now, as I sit eating dinner in front of a TV watching The Lawrence Welk Show and British comedies on PBS, I know that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Many thanks to, Anna, who teaches me to see Jesus in unlikely places.

PS I don't think American TV from 1967 was much different from what they were seeing in the Soviet Union.  Ah, it never gets old.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails