Monday, December 22, 2008

The state of transience

Hello World,

Where am I again? What day is it? The state of transience has been my Christmas break, and I'm loving it. Today... is Sunday, if I'm not mistaken, despite the fact I thought it was Thursday yesterday. A week ago Thursday I was in Indiana, I think. Anyway, today I'm in Wisconsin. I'm at my cousins house, and my dad and brothers are coming to take me home for Christmas. Home, being where my immediate family and childhood possessions are located.

Last Thursday, I mean Friday, I went to a Bon Iver show and stayed at a hostel in Madison. At the hostel, I met a Thai couple. They were cooking spicy noodle soup for breakfast and shared with me, so I shared about Christmas. If you could think to pray for them... it's their first time in the US, and they're here to learn English, and they've never celebrated Christmas, but really want to go to a Christmas Eve service. They thought their soup would be too spicy for me, but it was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. I was supposed to get picked up by my dad on Saturday morning as he went to my cousins, but the weather interfered, so I had to have my cousins come get me. My cousin, Holly, has a heated pad on her bed, making it one of the most wonderful places in the world right now :-) I'm curled up in a blanket watching Matilda. Remember that movie?

I'll send postcards.

Love,
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails